Monday, September 5, 2011

The Fifth Obstacle is Laziness


So this is my reflection on practice blog and I want to reflect on how little practice I do outside of class. I remember in my last practice blog I mention practicing my stance and making my spine long and how I felt that would do for now. Writing this blog I realize my assumption was wrong. What I mean by that is my body or my mind is getting tired or doing the same thing and only that thing. I first came to this realization while on my computer reading and notice that my spine was curved. I straighten it and then I said forget this and went back to my original post. 

How did this make me realize I need to actually go through the routine? Well I am not going to take the time to correct my spine and stance all the time…..then I need to set 30 minutes out of the day specifically for practice. 

Another reason I need to start going through the routines at home…..I noticed in class it is difficult to keep my quads active and my ribs pushed back. I also noticed that my mind refuses to stop fluctuating; which also leads me to believe I need to practice at home. How will it help with the fluctuations…I don’t know but I am sure it will. Hopefully, practicing at home will help with the tree pose (Vrikshansana) because my foot finds my knee and stay there…no higher or lower. So the moral of this practice reflection is I need to start practicing.

2 comments:

  1. 30 minutes is great, but even 5 a day will get you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so when you wrote this, I thought to myself 5? really no that is what people tell themselves to feel better. Now that I have a better understanding of the yoga practice and the "correct" alignments I realized that 5 minutes of down dog fully engaged is better than 30 minutes of going through the motions. So yeah 5 minutes a whole serious 5 minutes definitely gets you started.

    ReplyDelete