Monday, August 29, 2011

First Practice?

Well the very first practice I am not going to lie, I was more concern with the fact that I wore a dress(abetted a long, breezy dress...but still a dress). Not only was I distracted by the fact that I wore a dress(when if I read the syllabus I would have known better).....I kept comparing my previous yoga  class. Things like: "Man I miss the music"; "Hmmmm we are in a classroom versus a gym type place"; "Is it lighter in here than it used to be"; "Ugh I knew I should have read that thing"; "Oh I know this pose." Anyway I said all that to say my mind was fluctuating a lot. Therefore I didn't get much out of my first practice.....now the second is a different story. I got a good work out and I my legs were stiff for at least two days afterwards.


So after reading the syllabus, which I should get in a habit of doing, I see that the blog has to at least 250 words and I can write about my experience in and out of class.

The one thing I did take from the first day of practice it the correct way to stand and I have been correcting my stance ever since. It felt really foreign at first but now I don’t have to correct myself as much.  I noticed that I slouch…a lot. I slouch when I am sitting, walking, and standing so my main focus is to make spine straight and open my chest cavity. At first and even now I laugh at myself because it seems like I am poking my breast out (and I am but not for the reason that people usually do).  I also push down on my lower back, trying to make my butt flesh go down but I still don’t know that it is working. Pretty soon at least hopefully pretty soon I will do actual poses but for now correcting my stance and straightening my spine seems good.

1 comment:

  1. really good set of self-observations. You did admirably even with the dress.

    ReplyDelete